My best pal, Mojohowitz

My best pal, Mojohowitz

It was the month of January when
A sweet dog lost his life

A car “accident” that was all to intentional
Out of my grief, my father decided I needed a new pal

I was not ready for a new friend
I needed time to mourn

At first this little puppy thrust upon me
made me mad, and made me scorn

I quickly learned the joys of having
a sweet boy who was so obedient

A rat terrier, energy, excitement
he loved to play, but also loves to cuddle

What to name him, what to call him?
A strange name from an old cop show..

It kept coming to mind.
Mojohowitz, wasn't that the guy
That worked for Cap'n Barney Miller?

No, but at the time the old memory seemed right
and the unique name stuck to a wonderful dog

Mojohowitz is ten now
still playful, still loving, still the best

The best dog I have ever had
It's probably my bias

But I am a true believer
Rat Terriers are the best

Thanks for being my friend, Mojohowitz!

No comments:

Post a Comment