Truth under attack

How did I get here?
Why are people like this?

I feel so very alone
am I the only person who is sane?

People of power are breaking the law
Instead of a logical pattern to ring out truth and justice
People pick their “side” and defend it endlessly

They are blinded by their fiercely illogical defense of “their side”

Neither side is seeing things truly clear
And I am a strange alien in this
I am alien because I have not chosen either of these sides

Truth is my choice, truth is my side
Sometimes the truth favors one side or another
But never does it favor any one side exclusively

I miss Edward R Murrow
I miss Walter Cronkite
Whatever happened to a fierce love of the truth?

People and news anchors alike
Used to love the truth
Were fiercely loyal to truth

Whether it agreed with their world view
Or not

Truth and Logic are my closest friends these days
But truth and logic are under attack
You cannot bend or form truth and logic

They do not care what side you are on
They are unbend-able, unbreakable
They will at times go directly against “your side”

But that is their power.
In a world that resembles a fun-house mirror more and more
Truth and Logic will always be straight as an arrow

I am an alien in my own land, and I love truth and logic

No comments:

Post a Comment