The death of the letter?

So many people have said this. 
I say it even though it will fall on deaf ears. 

The enjoyment I get when someone receives a letter of mine, 
It's almost as much fun as I had writing it. 

Adding a stamp, especially one that will get a smile. 
Writing the letter in hand writing, and taking the time to be legible. 

The contents of the letter are written with that person in mind. 
Some people feel the need to write a master piece. 
It's not the quantity though, it's the quality. 

Show them you care. Just taking the time to write them... 
Has already made them feel loved.  

Emails are cheaper and faster, but why does everything need to be faster? 
And the price of a stamp is only half of what you would pay for a plain black coffee. 

There is something special about being able to hold it in your hands. 
I have written way more than I have received, but the few I did receive where very special to me. 
Don't let the personal letter die. 

It says “I took the patience and time, just to write you a special message.” 

An email says “I was in front of the computer, using Facebook, and I thought I would take 5 seconds to acknowledge your existence.” 

The letter bows from the stage, waves to the audience, and leaves behind the curtain. 
Will we see it again? A class act like this one will hopefully not fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment